International Moving Pickup Services
You can’t rush moving overseas, but you can make it easier. You may have been planning your overseas move for quite some time now. If this is the case, you will already know that a move of this magnitude is a huge project. That’s why it’s important to have the international mover with the best pick up service all lined up and ready to go.
Allied International offers you the finest in international moving services. Our on-site pickup services and door-to-door delivery can take the stress out of moving overseas.
Moving to another country may be a dream come true. In most cases, you’ll have to adapt to a new culture. It’s easy to feel bewildered by foreign customs at first – even if you speak the language.
Even planning an international move can be overwhelming. There are so many logistical and administrative aspects to it. Stacks of forms and documents must be prepared, and some will have deadlines to meet before you can move forward. The number of unknowns can scare the daylights out of you! With the right international shipping company behind you, however, you’ll find that many of these worries will melt away.
Request A Quote
Overseas Move Pickup Services
Some overseas moves are more complicated than others. Maybe it’s just you who is relocating internationally, or maybe it’s your entire family. You might be moving your business or opening additional business overseas. Whether your move abroad involves one person or it is a major international relocation of several employees and their families, Allied International can meet your needs and your budget.
When you decide to make the overseas move there are some questions to ask yourself:
- Will your vehicles be going too? It may seem impossible for a family to make do with just one vehicle. Public transportation can be surprisingly convenient overseas, but it’s worth investigating transportation well ahead of time.
- Will you leave, store or take your furniture? Details matter: we know that standard doorframes are smaller in certain foreign countries. Additionally, many apartments are located off tight spiral staircases that are a challenge for a king size mattress. Loaner furniture might be the simpler option for some items, or just buying new.
- Renting or selling? If you’re relocating overseas, you will probably be selling your home. If not, you’ll need someone to manage your property, even if it’s being rented out.
- What about schools? There are international schools all over the world, but local educational systems can be a great way for your children to integrate. Whichever you choose, be prepared for administration covering anything from vaccinations to uniforms.
- What about your pets? Some countries accept only dogs and cats. Could your pet visit your country of origin afterwards? Some dog breeds are banned overseas, or extended periods of quarantine may be required. Medical records showing that your animal is up to date with shots, passports, and identity chips are becoming the norm.
- What’s your destination area like? You’ll probably know something about the country you’re moving to, but you should also think local. Using the Internet to familiarize yourself with the street, town and region can help you prepare.
- Can you communicate with the locals? You may need to look into learning a new language. The earlier you start the better. Being able to say some key phrases that include introducing yourself, asking for help, and making polite conversation can boost your confidence and help you integrate into your new community.
- Is my license valid? You may need to get a driver’s license issued by your adopted country.
- Where can I get cash? Checking opening hours in advance can save you a lot of waiting around. For instance, banks often close at lunchtime overseas.
- What about your cellphone? Will it work in a foreign country? Who’s the best local provider? Will you need adapters to keep it charged?
- Is my identity safe? Protect your documents. Keep your own vital paperwork with you at all times when in transit. This includes passports, medical records, insurance, licenses, and birth and marriage certificates. Never put these in your checked baggage, but have them readily accessible.
- Am I prepared? Make contingency plans. Photos or scans of your documents kept in a secure online location and on an external storage device are incredibly useful in the event of a theft or emergency. They are also convenient when applying for driving licenses and other permits online.
If you are prepared for things to work differently in your new country, you will save yourself a lot of frustration. Having the best international pickup service will also make your move go more smoothly.
First of all, experts from Allied International will assess your household goods and determine the packing area required for international shipping. We will then present you with our quote and discuss the following options for shipping overseas.
Group Container Service
If your international shipment is not large enough for its own container, we will move your household goods to our warehouse, seal them and consolidate your shipment in one container with other clients going to the same destination. The group container service has two advantages. Firstly, a tightly packed container protects your goods – the less space there is for things to move around, the better. Secondly, we can pass the cost-savings on to you, making this the most economical service we offer. Because we are a global company this shipping method can take your belongings to just about anyplace on earth.
On-site Container Service
If your household goods can be stored in a 20 ft. or a 40 ft. container, we will deliver it to your residence. You can do the pre-shipping storage yourself if you like, but we strongly advise you to let our experts take charge. We’ve done this many times before and will make sure to label all your possessions correctly. Protective storage and packing is an art. You don’t want any damaged items greeting you at your new overseas address.
Every time household goods are loaded and unloaded, the risk of lost or damaged items increases. With the on-site container service, your items will not leave the container until they arrive at your new home.
Preparing for a move overseas can be complicated. At Allied International we understand that even after extensive planning, actually getting there is half the battle. Letting us handle the ‘big stuff’ can make all the difference between a smooth transition to your new residence overseas and a haphazard one. Let us handle the logistics, and you’ll be free to explore all that your new country has to offer.
With Allied International's air freight transport, your belongings will be delivered more quickly. It is recommend to use this method of shipping if you have time constraints for your move or would like to expedite the delivery of your items.
Allied International Overseas Shipping can provide a container shipping service that carries goods to any destination in the world. We can ship your household contents smoothly, allowing you to focus on settling your family into their new home overseas.
Moving even the smallest business overseas can be a huge undertaking. Careful planning is essential to prevent unnecessary stress. Hiring Allied International to organize the entire operation takes the heat off. It also allows the business to carry on running without affecting productivity.
We are your ultimate, one-stop-shop for all of your international storage and warehousing needs. We offer a wide range of options for storing your valuables. Whether you only have a few boxes or have heavy furniture or equipment, we can help you store your belongings in a safe and secure environment.
Our partnership with Allied International is an unmatched asset when it comes to choosing us as your international mover. With markets in over 37 countries and over 1,000 locations worldwide, our highly-trained professionals will execute your move overseas. Your timely, cost-effective international move will be accomplished through ocean or air shipping options as needed.
We will specially pack and crate your items, ensuring their safe and secure arrival. We take pride in the expert packing and stowing of your possessions.
Our aim is to have your belongings safely and quickly transferred to your new location, with a focus on customer service and your utmost satisfaction.
We provide you with a personal moving coordinator. You can check in any time you wish, referring to the same person who will be very familiar with your particular custom moving plan.